Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 8: Cardio Power & Resistance

I’m back at it! The day of “rest and recover” was definitely a huge help! Today, I started today’s workout with full energy, fully hydrated, and no sore muscles. I was ready to give today 100% and go hard… too bad I forgot this workout was going to kick my ass, and could only do about 80% of it without collapsing. But hey, that’s a HUGE improvement considering today is the same workout as day 3.

Even better news: not only am I doing much more of the workout (after 7 days), I can feel different muscle groups working, I’m sweating just the same, if not more, and I only cussed at Shaun T. 3 or 4 times.

Oh, and my legs still feel like rubber. Shaun T. does this one workout called “globe jumps” where you do a squat as low as you can go (properly), touch ground, then jump from the legs and gluts as high as you can, hands to the sky; while you’re jumping up, you jump back. Then you get low again and jump up again, but to the right. Then down and up again, but to the front, and then of course, repeat to the left… get it? Globe, in a circle. Out off all the exercises Shaun T. has had me do thus far, this is the most difficult and painful. I have yet to make it all the way around the world without screaming some kind of obscenity and giving in to the pain (collapse).

One day I will conquer you globe jumps, one day you WILL be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment