Saturday, July 16, 2011

Remain Sober Throughout This Entire Experience

Yeah, right! Seriously… for anyone reading this that knows me, I love my booze; it’s just not going to happen. Vodka, Tequila, and I go way back. Everyone knows that you can’t just DROP friends that you’ve had for years, it’s just not right.

The nutrition guide clearly states:
"Try to avoid alcohol. If you do drink, consider that alcohol has 7 calories per gram, almost twice that of protein and carbs, with no nutrient value. If you're trying to streamline your diet, alcohol is not the way to go."

I completely understand where they’re coming from, but I have a Ghostland Observatory concert tonight that I don’t plan on attending sober. And have you ever been to Cobalt (popular gay bar in DC) sober… yeah, I’m not doing that.

It just goes to show that you can drink with the workout and nutrition plans, you just have to include your daily calorie and sugar intake. You also need to have the understanding that your final results may very based on your choices of what you put into your body, and the amount of consumption (food or beverage). So based on this, you may want to consider moderation, stick with clear liquors, and consider your mixer (soda water vs. cranberry). Oh, and hangovers are a bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment