Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 3: Cardio Power & Resistance

Ok, I know I said day 2 was worse… but I lied. Day 3 is much much worse. And by worse, I meant TORTURE. Today’s 38-minute workout consisted of lots of jumping, bending, pushing, and pulling rabbits out of hats. Day 3 is no laughing matter. You will bend and work muscles that you didn’t know existed until you had to contort your body into a pretzel, then push. For real… Check out this photo:

This is a “push up.” Seriously? That shit hurts.

I do, however, have to admit that the cardio is some of the best I have ever done in my life. I would rather do the Insanity Workout before running 5 miles any day.

Running is a lot of extra craziness: boring stride after stride pitter patter of the feet, getting shin splints, putting on your best jogging outfit for the public, and running harder than you really should past “points of interest” around the city. (aka: spots where you will find potential cute boys watching your ass bounce as you run past. For me it would be P st between 14th and 15th and 17th between P st and R st)

Insanity is much more entertaining. Not only can you do this in the comfort of your own home, you can do it shirtless and not feel self conscience, scream obscenities at the TV, and take breaks whenever you feel like your heart is going to explode and not worry if anyone is around to see it (and because Shaun T says I can).

But for the love of god, Shaun T, PLEASE stop making me do squats… my legs are moments from separating from my hips. Then what?

No comments:

Post a Comment